- Create mechanical designs for spinal products with guidance from senior engineers and management.
- Document data and procedures per Quality System.
- Perform engineering analyses - including tolerance stacks, FEA and DFMEA.
- Participate in the design of surgical instrumentation and implants.
- 3D models and 2D print creation and dimensioning using SolidWorks.
- Update existing drawings to current specifications.
- Basic understanding of GD&T to ensure compliance with design intentions.
- Participate in the development and execution of internal procedures.
- Interface with surgeons, industrial designers, and marketing personnel to create designs.
- Continually promote the Vision of Cutting Edge Spine.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomechanical Engineering.
- Proficiency with computer aided design modeling, preferably SolidWorks.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
- Must be a motivated individual that is able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Team player with exemplary ethics and integrity.
- 1-2 years of medical device design experience
- Proficient with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software